March 08, 2009

Walking dreams

One o'clock in the afternoon, friday. I rush home in order to wrap up my luggage. It was almost ready the night before but I needed to leave the bathroom stuff outside the bag because...well I have to brush my teeth and stuff before travelling, right? I check my luggage again to see if I forgot something outside the night before: clothing, camera, tripod, travel papers, cash...it was all there.

In a corner of my room I found my girlfriend's bag that she left with me the day before, after all I'd pick her up at her office so she actually couldn't carry her stuff along.

On top of my bed my typical travel "uniform" comfortable jeans, a t-shirt and some roomy shoes. On the desk my wallet, the mobile phone and the sunglasses, after all there is sun in Europe, right? I emptied my backpack since it was full of college stuff, and I wouldn't need that where I was going, and replaced the notebooks with the camera bag, an extra set of clothes, the iPod with it's charger along with the mobile's.

This time I wouldn't bring the good old travel guides since I didn't have one to where I was going and I didn't actually want to buy one...well...you know me, I'm too cheap to do that.

After lunch I triple-checked everything (well...I do that): clothing, bathroom stuff, spare contacts, perscription glasses, backpack, camera bag, travel documents, plane ticket, wallet, money, bank cards, iPod, mobile phone, girlfriend's bag, sunglasses...everything there. Check. Then something clicked in my head...yes! The watch, I totally forgot about it. I got it inside the closet and placed it in my right arm (I'm a leftie, you know).

Three forty five. Time to go. I rang the cab and afterwards called my girlfriend telling her that I was about to leave home heading towards her office so she had to start wrapping things up there. A few minutes later, the taxi arrived and I left towards downtown, twenty minutes later I picked her up and we went straight to the airport.

That was a dream I had last night, I didn't wake up because of any alarm, I just did. Of course I was upset to have it interrupted like that but all I can do now is hope that it happens...soon.

4 comments:

Tatiana said...

E acontecerá!!! Tenha fé!!! As coisas vem no tempo certo...

bjkas

Cesar said...

I want to escape too. Everybody wants to escape. Escape sometimes is not as bad as people make of it. Sometimes it simply means that you're finally going the right direction.

Cesar said...

I updated mine, by the way. Kind of...

ghfdc said...

Só faltou você cantar "Andança" nessa história, ou ter a canção como música de fundo...

"No passo da estrada...
Só faço andar
Tenho meu amor
Pra me acompanhar..
Vim de longe léguas
Cantando eu vim...
Vou, não faço tréguas
Sou mesmo assim"

Hehehehe...

Um abraço!